I’ve been tagged by Tanya at The Motherwear Breastfeeding Blog to tell you 8 things you don’t know about me, so here goes.
1. I spent the first 18 years of my life living in two different houses on the same street. When I was about 12 years old, my family moved from a ranch on one side of our street to a two-story house on the other side of the street. I’m not even sure we needed a moving van since everything just had to go across the street.
2. I was pre-engaged once (and even had a small diamond ring to prove it) to my first serious boyfriend. We were together for 3 1/2 years – from when I was 17 to 21. It didn’t last, and I ended up pawning the ring to buy a ring for my next boyfriend (which also didn’t last). I should’ve just kept the darn thing.
3. I took Polish dancing lessons when I was growing up. And I was darn good. 🙂 Ask my sister. She’ll tell ya.
4. I was a Girl Scout through my senior year in high school.
5. Even though I was a Girl Scout for all of those years, to this day I’m not fond of tent camping. (Much to Jody’s dismay.)
6. During my sophomore year in college, I took court reporting classes. It seemed like relatively easy work that I could do from home (the transcribing part, not the recording part which takes place in court), and made good money. After a semester and a half, I decided that was NOT the career path for me, and it wasn’t as easy as it looked. You gotta be damn fast to be good in that business.
7. I have a horrible habit of being late. I’m sure I will be late to my own funeral.
8. I’ve always secretly wanted to be goth (or at least dress that way).
I’m tagging Heather G., Mama Saga and Melody. 🙂 But if you aren’t Heather G., Mama Saga or Melody and haven’t done this meme yet and feel the urge, do it! Then let me know that you did so I can read more about you. 🙂