EDITED TO ADD: This giveaway has been concluded.
NaBloPoMo – Day 9
In my opinion, there are four things necessary to make a good cleaning product.
- It has to be non-toxic.
- It has to have a pleasant smell.
- It has to be affordable.
- It has to get the job done.
Lily’s Garden Herbals natural cleaning products accomplish all of these things.
After our recent run-in with the stomach flu, I needed to do some serious bathroom cleaning. I put Lilyâ€™s Garden Herbals All Purpose Clean (All Purpose Cleaner – 32 oz. – $6.50) to the test. The bathroom was sparkling in no time and I didn’t have to worry about keeping the kids at bay while I worked for fear of toxic smells overpowering the house. Made with essential oils and distilled water, the All Purpose Clean is effective and has a pleasant, even refreshing, smell.
I also tried out Lilyâ€™s Garden Herbals Glass Clean (Non-Toxic Glass Cleaner – 32 oz. – $5) on our sliding glass door. With two dogs and two little kids in and out of the house all day long, this door needs frequent cleaning. I have to admit it outperformed my simple homemade vinegar and water solution, and smelled better too. And, of course with it being non-toxic, I don’t have to worry if Julian decides to lick the glass. Not that he’s ever done that. 😉
Lily’s Garden Herbals also offers a natural dish cleaner, a toilet bowl cleaner and a wood cleaner, as well as a linen spritzer and antiseptic room deodorizer (which also came in handy after the stomach flu went through our house).
Lily’s Garden Herbals were formulated by Kim Falcone, a mother and herbalist with a deep appreciation for the natural world. All of Lilyâ€™s Garden Herbals natural household products are homemade, non-toxic, contain NO chemical ingredients or synthetic preservatives, are biodegradable and never tested on animals.
A percentage of profits from Lilyâ€™s Garden Herbals sales are donated to local and global charities in areas of environmental protection, human rights and education.
If you are skeptical about making the switch from commercial chemical cleaning products to natural ones, consider this:
- There are over 80,000 chemicals in commercial use today. Less than one percent
have ever been tested for safety, especially for neurotoxic effects.
- Companies are not required to disclose their complete ingredients in household,
personal care and cleaning products or to test for safety.
- Over 200 human health conditions have now been linked to environmental toxins. These include not only cancer but disorders such as autism, depression, anxiety, attention deficit disorder, immune/endocrine system disorders, asthma, and migraines.
- Children are the most vulnerable to toxins due to their size, weight, and also risk of exposure during critical stages of development that could have life-long consequences.
- More facts about toxic chemicals in everyday products can be found on this fact sheet provided on Lily’s Garden Herbals’ web site.
If you would like to win a 32 oz. bottle of Lily’s Garden Herbals All Purpose Clean, please leave me a comment stating what kind of cleaning products you currently use and why you would like to try Lily’s Garden Herbals AND link to this review/giveaway on your blog. (Non-bloggers are eligible as well, but you must tell a friend about the giveaway). Deadline to enter is Nov. 19. The winner will be selected using Random.org and announced on Nov. 20.